Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Pictures of the Day

I had Tom take pictures. I needed a "before" picture. I figure that since I am a photographer...I can get lots of pics! Now, I want to remind everyone that I look like crap in these pictures. LOL. But, this is a great journey for me and I am hoping the results only get better!




This is my before. No make-up. Looking lovely! NOT! What do you think about the zebra hair? Tom took these...Not me! I did wash my hair the night before. I figured that something needed to look halfway decent.


My Ms. Piggy impersonation! Ahh..the Nitrous. Here I am getting the gas and waiting while the numbing takes effect. The right side ended up needed additional novicaine. I am pretty happy here! I was a little scared though. The gas made me relax. See all my teeth? My bottom teeth are crooked and crowded. The top is crowded with an over jet. I have been teased through out my life because of my teeth. The top teeth were crooked. I had one tooth (side one next to the front) that I had a composite put on years ago. So, they seemed straight with a overbite. Buck teeth.



This is Tammy! She is awesome!! She is Dr. Evans dental assistant. She is also Dr. Evans (My Orthodontist) assistant too. So...I just consider her mine now! She is really nice and funny too. All of the ladies there are pretty & witty. I like that about them. They make me laugh. Lisa gave me a hug when it was all over...... on my way out. Probably the first time they ever saw me not running my mouth! ;)




Does it look like I am miserable? I am!! Oh, I was already hurting. This right afterwards and I am only showing it because I want to give the real deal. Having that many teeth from every part of your mouth pulled is very traumatic! I am feeling better now. The numbness is gone. It still feels weird though. I rested this morning but I could not sleep. I was able to nap in the afternoon for about an hour. The bleeding has stopped and Ithink that the areas are starting to heal. I was able to eat some instant mashed potatoes. I am glad about that. I also had some yogurt around 3. I wasn't hungry. But, I was feeling nausous and I had a feeling I was onthe verge of passing out. I got really hot and had to just go sit on my backporch with no jacket until it passed. I have the cotton out and I am able to drink water.

The thing that worries me now? Tomorrow! Cleaning the teeth and braces. Plus, dealing with this pain still. I will post pictures tomorrow evening of the finished results. Even though I am in pain....I am very excited. I have waited a long time for this. I am going to be at work tomorrow. I have some great people that I work with. They have been so supportive though this and they are excited for me. I am very greatful for them. I am also greatful for my moms group! Ya'll rock!

Kimberly

PS forgive my spelling, I haven't figured out spell check and I can't copy and paste. Tips?

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOL I thought you'd crimped your hair at first, then I realized it was the blinds. 80's style, Baby!

You are a stronger woman than I.