Saturday, March 17, 2007

Update



Well, my new years resolution has been set aside! As you can see...I haven't posted "blogged" since January!! Here are our Family updates.....



The Braces: Yea...this has sucked! LOL After I got the extractions and the braces (Tuesday & Wednesday)...Tom left that very weekend to fly to California to do some filming for the business (http://www.polepositionproductions.com/) He was there for the weekend and was supposed to be back that Monday morning. He ended up being caught in the middle of the ice storm and got stuck in Vegas on his way back. I was in extreme pain. Unfortunately, I ended up having dry socket in the middle of the ice storm and no way of getting medical attention. Ugh, it sucked! Finally, he made it home and I made it to the dentist. He went out of town again to Chicago in February the weekend right after I had my 1st adjustment (which was painful too) and ended up being stuck there because of another storm. I told him that I think that God was looking out for him...not having to deal with me being grouchy with all the mouth pain!! :) I have another adjustment next week. We will see if he gets stuck somewhere.



The braces are getting better. I am used to them by now and I have lost about 15 lbs. I have been eating. But, I have had to change my eating habits. So, I think that is what the weight loss is. I have to eat smaller bites and I eat slower and get full faster.



Everyone has said that they can tell a difference in my teeth. I am not really sure though.



Our life has been quite busy




Tom: Tom's business is picking up. Pole Position Productions has gotten national attention in the karting world. He is very excited about that. There will be an article about him on the Stars of Karting website soon. I will post the link when it is up!




And I will post a picture of his adventures when he picks one out.



He took Tommy to go karting in Houston. They had a Father & Son weekend there. Here is a picture that he took.



















Kimberly: I have started all my Spring pictures for work. I have been really busy!! Hence the neglect of the blog! There have been some long weeks. But, I don't mind. I love my job!! I have also started the daycare sales for work. I am very excited about this! This has been almost a year in the making. I have already had several sales appointments and I have picked up one center. I am currently awaiting to hear back from one center with the possibility of a very big opportunity for us! I have 3 more appointments next week and they all seem very optimistic! We shall see!!


I get so excited about it and I know I am driving everyone crazy about it. But, I think that if I am excited about it that I am going to do better at it. I am passionate about it and I believe it is the best thing out there for childcare photography! I really want these centers to have the best photography company out there. I believe that it is Photo Texas! I have been continuously doing research on all the other childcare photographers out there...so that I can keep Photo Texas as the front runner for photography perfection! Heck, wouldn't you want a company like that for you if you were a childcare center? I am approaching this not just as a photographer but as a parent and as someone that was in the childcare field.

At home, it is the same as usual. Being Mom and cleaning house! LOL Oh, we had our carpets cleaned with Stanley Steamer. I highly recommend this company! They did a great job and were very professional.



Tommy: Has just finished Spring Break. We really didn't do anything exciting for Spring Break this year. We will make it up to him this summer. We did go out to dinner and the movies last night. Fuddruckers and Eragon.



One of the main reasons that I posted on the blog was to put up pictures of Tommy for everyone to see.



He went to the eye doctor yesterday. I got a letter over Spring Break from the school saying that he needed an eye exam. They were given routine eye exams at school on 2-15-07 and he failed his. I am not very happy that it took almost a month for me to get a letter about this. That is one whole month that a problem could have been addressed. I feel I should have gotten a letter within a week. How many kids could have failed the exam?




Well, he needs glasses. He has 20/50 vision and he has astigmatism in both eyes. The Dr said that the glasses (we are going to get them today) will really help. The astigmatism has made it difficult for him to understand the letters and words. See, one month of waiting and there was a solution! A month may not seem like a long time. But, when it comes to this..it does to me. He is in 1st grade and learning everyday. Here are some pictures that I took yesterday. I will post more after we have the glasses.





Here he is in the beginning with Dr. Patel.





I love this one. I thought he looked like a Star Wars character! His eyes look crazy!!



Getting started with the exam.


In the middle of the exam.





I thought this picture looked really cool!!





At the end of the exam.




He was really good at the exam and he is optomisitic about getting glasses! I am excited that we have this figured out and I am hoping that if there was any problems because of this that they will be solved. He has done well in school, he just hasnt really seemed interested in doing homeowrk with us. They Doctor said that could have been because of his vision.

I will try to post more!!!

No comments: